Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Miraculous Messages from Heaven Review

Stay up to date with everything on Book Worm & More by Subscribing to our Email.




As most of you know, I am part of the Chicken Soup for the Soul network. So, I get to pick and review any of the new books that come out. I am sure that almost everyone knows about the Chicken Soup for the Soul books. However, for those that don’t, Chicken Soup for the Soul books are collections of short stories sent in by real people about their own lives and experiences, or sometimes about the lives and experiences of close friends or relatives. These books are always at the top of the best sellers list.


Chicken Soup for the Soul: Miraculous Messages from Heaven: 101 Stories of Eternal Love, Powerful Connections, and Divine Signs from Beyond by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen & Amy Newmark is truly uplifting.  This came at a wonderful time for me.  I definitely needed something to lift my spirits.

Whether you believe in spirits or angels, there is no denying some of the signs out there that remind us of loved ones and/or give us a sense of peace.  I've always loved stories of miraculous events.  They always fill me with hope and love.  Well, this book is full of that hope and love.

There are so many wonderful stories that I don't know where to begin.  I guess with the story, "One Final Goodbye".  It reminded me so much of my grandmother.  This story is about a mother and daughter.  The mother went through a 9 year ordeal battling cancer.  There were many times that she was on death's door.  The daughter travels the 3000 miles to be at her mom's side several times.  On the last visit her mom tells her that she doesn't need to continue rushing to her side.  The final time the mom is hopitalized the daughter decides to stay at home.  A couple days later, the daughter has the feeling that she needs to immediately pray for her mom's transition.  She does and feels he mom's spirit.  Her mom pass at that exact time.  The gave the daughter the peace she needed.

My grandmother struggled for several years.  I tried to visit her every time they said she was about to die.  The last time she got really bad my dad told me to wait.  Unfortunately, she didn't make iit, and I wasn't there.  My grandfather had passed several years before.  He loved trains.  I'd never heard the train several miles away before he passed.  The first time I heard the train whistle was the night he passed away.  I've heard it a few times a year since then.  When my grandmother passed, I heard the train again.  It was like my grandparents were telling me goodbye, that they were together, and that everything would be okay.

There are so many wonderful stories.  I'm sure you will find one that appeals to you.  Check out the chapters you will find in this book.

  1. Answered Prayers
  2. Saying Goodbye
  3. Love that Doesn't Die
  4. Heaven Sent
  5. Heavenly Comfort
  6. Miracles of Love
  7. Miraculous Messengers
  8. Dreams & Premonitions
  9. Divine Connections
  10. The Power of Love

One of the things people, especially children, like about Chicken Soup for the Soul books is that you do not have to read this from cover to cover. You can skip around from story to story reading the ones that pique your interest. This makes it the perfect book for those that are not big readers.

I highly recommend this book, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Miraculous Messages from Heaven: 101 Stories of Eternal Love, Powerful Connections, and Divine Signs from Beyond. These books make great gifts, especially for those hard to buy for people.

If you are not ready to purchase a copy, or you would like another copy for someone else, you can try to win one. Check out my giveaway post where I am giving away 3 copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Miraculous Messages from Heaven: 101 Stories of Eternal Love, Powerful Connections, and Divine Signs from Beyond

Image Credit: Amazon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment